Nothing is more annoying than waking up in the night as your angel pees and starts crying. Probably, the most beautiful scenery in the world is to see a sleeping baby. On the other hand, one of the frustrating things and one of the reasons for postnatal depression is having a panda like eyes or zombie-like face because of frequent sleep break. Fortunately, diapers are there to solve the problem. Gone are the days of the quilt and leaked diapers. Most of the modern diapers are thin and able to absorb more and let the baby dry. However, choosing a diaper for babies may be troublesome as markets are loaded with lots of brands and types of the diaper. The article will analyze how to choose the best overnight diapers for babies so that you can pick the right one with ease.
Overnight diapers are designed to keep your baby dry for 12 hours. These diapers are 20 to 25 per cent more absorbent than regular diapers. Though these diapers are comparatively bulky than the daytime diapers, this is not that heavy that you are thinking. The use of ultra thing layer along with dryness capability, make this diaper is a must for the babies. Though this is a little bit costly, the price is really worth it because of its excellent features.
Do you need the best overnight diapers for your babies?:
Before searching for an overnight diaper, you should know whether you need it or not. Actually, it is an absurd question as parents cannot think a single day without a diaper. When it is about night, it is the most precious time for both baby and the new mom. Without sound sleep, one cannot be able to work correctly, let alone the health condition. And when you are a mom, you are the most vulnerable person in the world.
As the day passes, the number of hours a baby sleep decreases. But for the first few months, the angel sleeps almost all the time. So, for the first few months, you must need a good overnight diaper. But the necessity of overnight diaper does not stop after these few months as babies will not tell you when he becomes 2 to 4 years old. As a result, the overnight diaper is essential for the babies, ageing 0 to 4 years.
Remember, do not buy in bulk. At first, be sure that the diaper is perfect for your kid, and then choose wisely.
Things to check while picking overnight diapers:
For keeping your baby dry until morning, you should select an excellent overnight diaper that not only ensures hygiene but also keeps the baby dry. Here are some of the essential features that you should check while buying a new overnight diaper:
- Extra absorbent: Try to find a diaper with extra absorbent features. Most day time diapers do not have the facility of extra absorption power. So pick the overnight diaper that can absorb the pee and keep the area dry.
- Size: One of the essential things to check is the size. Though most diapers come with the size chart, it is wise to check the fitting. Tight diaper not only makes the baby uncomfortable but also can cause rashes. Try to select a diaper that is not too tight or not too loose. Preferably, choose a diaper that ensures good elasticity.
- Allergy and Rashes: every baby is unique and has a different physical condition. Some may react to a specific type of diaper, while others may remain calm. So, if your baby reacts or if your baby got rashes or itching to a specific brand, you should avoid that brand. Additionally, you should use ant-rash cream or lotion as a precaution.
Types of Diaper: Diapers are made of cloth or synthetic disposable materials. Disposable diapers need to throw away after use as they contain absorbent chemicals. On the other hand, cloth diapers are made of different types of fabrics as well as plastic fibers. The fabrics may include cotton, hemp, bamboo, microfiber while the plastic fibers include PLA or PU. These cloths diapers are washable and reusable. However, for better sleep, it is suggested to choose disposable diapers. But if you are in a tight budget, you may pick cloth diapers, but be sure to select excellent and high-quality cloth diapers.
- Bubble diaper:Bubble diaper is a new name in the diaper world, coined by Huggies brand. The company launched a new diaper named Bubble wala Huggies that means Huggies diaper that has bubbles. The company claims that the new Bubble-BedTM technology traps urine into the 3-Dimensional bubbles and keeps the surface of the diaper unbelievably dry. I tried this new diaper and found that it really works, and the bubbles help the liquid to spread out thoroughly in the diaper and absorb into the core.
- Added pad:As babies pee a lot, you may pick diaper booster pad for extra comfort. These will provide extra protection from leaking.
- Soft and Eco-friendly: Some brands come with eco-friendly diapers. IF you are conscious about the environment and your baby’s delicate skin, we will suggest you pick and eco-friendly diaper. No matter whether you are choosing an eco-friendly or ordinary diaper, you should always try to choose diapers that are soft and tender. The skin of your baby is too delicate to touch. Harsh or hard materials make your baby uncomfortable.
- Price: Lastly but not the least thing to look on is the cost of the diaper. Overnight diapers are costlier than daytime diapers. However, the price is worthy if you compare its benefits with the price. You do not need to check the diaper often or do not need to change it frequently as overnight diapers ensure protection for the whole night. However, if you are looking for a budget-friendly diaper, you may go for cloth diapers.
Diapers – an essential thing for babies, no matter whether you are looking for day or night. However, when it comes to choosing the best overnight diapers, it becomes tough to decide the right brands. Babies may wake up from the bed as their diaper become wet and soaked. So, if you are running out of the diaper, check the areas as mentioned earlier. While you are buying a brand for the first time, pick a small pack instead of a bulk option.