If you have a muffin in the oven and you are considering using cloth diapers from the start or you are just sure, do not miss these 5 tips to cloth diapers for newborns.
First of all do not press. Having a newborn (especially if he is the first) can be overwhelming, and family welfare must be put before cloth diapers. You can start small, using some cloth diapers a day, not in all changes, and increase the percentage as you feel more comfortable.
Tips To Wear Cloth Diapers For Newborns
1) The liquid poops to the washing machine. Yes, as you read it; unless it is an overwhelmingly huge poop you can directly put the diaper in the washing machine. Infants make liquid yellow poops that are easily removed. Up to approximately 6 months that begin with complementary feeding, their little cups do not usually vary (only in quantity). When they start the AC it is something else.
2) Diapers for newborns, no unitallas. Unital diapers are fatal to the vast majority of newborns; They don’t fit them well on the legs, they bulge a lot and they have plenty of cloth everywhere. Even if they sell it to you “from birth” it is much better to opt for a simple newborn size system ( gauze and cover, for example) that does not require much investment since at three or four months you will have to change size. It is better that way because people who start with unitallas from birth tend to discourage seeing bad results, how bad they are left or how uncomfortable the poor baby is.
3) Gauze, your best allies . Cheap, easy to clean, fast to fold (if you opt for a simple folding, because there are quite complicated, everything is an art) and dry very fast. The systems of simple absorbent (gauze or common rectangular absorbent) and cover type Capri or Milovia are very easy to use and do not require much investment since the cover can be used in the next change if it is not stained (if it is a little stained it wash and dry very quickly to use it again as soon as possible and not have to buy so many).
4) Simple nights. Te1 for the nights. Few newborns know what it is to sleep a night of the pull. So many awakenings accompany many diaper changes, and what you want me to say, but in the middle of the night, half-asleep, the easiest thing is to put a simple diaper. I opted to wear all-in-one diapers for the nights and thus not have to worry about folding gauze or seeing if the cover was dirty to reuse it. My favorites for the nights were the Teeny Fit, which with its velcro system made them easy to wear at night, medium to dark and zombie sleeping.
5) Pajamas and wide pants. Cloth diapers bulge more than disposable diapers, it is something I never tire of repeating. And it is something to keep in mind when dressing our newborns. Those cool overalls/overalls/ pajamas will stay small sooner than we expect. To dress the babies it is better to do it with wide and comfortable clothes, and using cloth diapers better than it is even wider. Bombo pants or sarouel pants can be your best allies!