A simple guide for you to become an expert in changing your baby’s diaper Changing a baby’s diaper requires some practice, but until you get it, you need to know the theory first. We teach you, step by step, to clean your ass, apply the cream, place the diaper clean and close it properly so that there are no surprise escapes. Guiainfantil.com has prepared a simple guide to become an expert in changing the diaper for your baby. During this training, you will surely find yourself with an accidental splash or a bad diaper placement, which you will soon overcome, since the opportunities to do so, especially during the first weeks, will be very numerous.
What you need to change the diaper to the baby
Changer or determine where you are going to
Have it. Having a high changer is ideal so as not to bend your back during the baby diaper change process is practical and convenient. It is important to remember that you should never leave the baby alone because it could fall. If you are not at home, always place the baby on a waterproof and folding changing mat, on a rigid and safe surface, to avoid messing up more than necessary. If you choose to change the diaper to your baby in bed, be as careful, but you will get tired faster by the height of the bed.
Clean diaper, wet wipes, and protective cream. Place the clean diaper, wipes and protective cream on hand to avoid having to move and have everything at hand.
8 Steps To Change The Diaper To The Baby
- Carefully place the baby on his back on the changing mat or on a secure, solid, comfortable surface.
- Undress him from the waist down. Remove the self-adhesive tapes from the dirty diaper, open it, lift the baby’s legs and close it crushing the front of the diaper against the back. If there are bowel movements, use the front of the diaper to remove them from the skin, always from front to back. Place the baby’s bottom on the outside front of the diaper.
- Lift the baby’s legs and clean the skin of his ass with a wet wipe. If it is a girl, always from front to back, that is, from the vagina to the anus, to avoid possible infections. If your baby is a child, clean the penis like the folds and the rest of the diaper area without trying to force the separation between the glans and the foreskin, which may still take to occur.
- Dry the area carefully with a towel or a dry towel, especially the skin folds.
- Apply protective cream to isolate the skin from moisture around the anus and in the crotch. Make sure to extend it well and remember that it is not necessary to apply a lot.
- Lift the baby’s legs, close the dirty diaper from back to front with the self-adhesive tapes and remove it.
- Open the clean diaper and place it under your baby’s bottom. Unfold the front and place it in front, covering your genitals. If your baby is a boy, make sure that his tail has been pointed down so that the diaper can hold his urine.
- Once the front is at the same height as the back around the baby’s waist, you can fasten it using the self-adhesive tapes that you will find on both sides of the back of the diaper. You should adjust it enough without squeezing it, or being loose so there can be leaks.
Moments of hygiene like this, you will have several throughout the day. In the beginning, when they are newborns, it takes time, because you have to do everything with great care. Afterward, diaper changes take less protocol, but the important thing is to know how to use this grooming routine as a special moment to share love, sweet words, massages and games with your baby.
Leave a Reply