Bathing is a fundamental part of baby care and is key to proper hygiene. Baby bathing is a special time with your baby. Toys, bathtub, washing gel, comb, towel, thermometer … Here are all the essential accessories for the baby bath. To achieve this, below, we recommend the best baby bath products that, in addition to making your life easier, will allow you to fully enjoy this intimate moment with your baby.
The list that we have created is not made up of excessively expensive or strange gadgets, but rather simple and inexpensive objects that we believe can be useful to make the bathroom a pleasant activity for both the little one and for you.
“Bathing is a moment of intimate contact and relationship between babies and their respective parents.”
If the baby bath set guarantees the hygiene of your newborn, this moment is also a special moment between mother and child. The opportunity for the little one to relax in the water or in his mother’s arms, but also to have fun, thanks to bath toys or small books adapted to his age, which he can dive into the water. To enjoy these fun and sharing moments, you just need to be well equipped. Products for the body or hair must nevertheless be chosen with care to respect the sensitive skin of newborns.
As for the accessories for the bath, choose a baby bathtub adapted to your child as well as a thermometer which will allow you to check the temperature of the water before giving it a bath. While some bath products and items are essential, indulge yourself by choosing a pretty bath mat, or a baby towel that you’ll love to wrap and cuddle with on the way out. Also think about all these practical childcare items that will allow you to have these items at your fingertips for more safety when you hold your little one in your arms.
A changing table for example in which you will store all your products is ideal for cleaning him in an organized manner. Finally, fall for the final touch: a perfume for a baby’s toilet in all beauty.
The 14 Best Baby Bath Products for Your Babies
Here we present you some baby bath accessories that will make your life easier. Do you have all of the ones on the list?
1 – No baby bath without a bathtub!
The main object needed to properly bathe a baby is a small, portable baby bathtub that allows the baby to be cleaned safely and comfortably. Once you have purchased a bathtub that meets your baby’s needs, you have to focus on getting those bathroom accessories that facilitate the performance of this daily task. Here are some ideas. Take note of all of them!
2 – The Non-Slip Bath Mat
The non-slip bath mat allows parents to leave their baby grow “only” (keeping an eye on him) in the tub by preventing it from sliding if he tries to stand up for example. A very practical product to use without moderation to avoid injuries. When your baby grows up, he will no longer be able to use his small bathtub or bath lounger. Installing a non-slip mat at the bottom of the tub. There are some very colorful models, which will surely amuse your children!
3 – A bathing deckchair
You can also choose to invest in a bathing lounger, in which your baby will be installed semi-lying. Deckchairs have the advantage of taking up less space than a bathtub, and also of allowing the parent to be free to grab the soap or the towel, since he does not have to hold his child at all times, even whether to remain vigilant.
4 – The baby bath seat, fun and secure
When your baby starts to sit up but is not yet very stable, you can put him or her in a baby bath seat. Just fill the tub, and seat your child in it. In this way, he can play in the water without risking tipping over, and thus injuring himself or putting his head underwater. In addition, most models have a small tablet with built-in games for the little ones to have fun like crazy!
5- The bath thermometer, to check the correct temperature
A bath thermometer can be very helpful in checking whether the water is the right temperature before placing your baby in the tub. There are classic versions, with a gauge, but also electronic models. In addition, they often have a playful shape, which will allow your child to use it as a toy!
6 – Bath toys for moments of pleasure
To keep your baby occupied in his bath when he grows up, you can buy small toys for him. From the classic yellow duck, to waterproof books and jigsaw puzzles, there are now many bath games that will keep them entertained! You just have to think about taking toys suitable for your age: for example, angling will be too difficult for a baby under 2 years old.
7- Baby bath care products
For the toilet of toddlers, it is necessary to prefer a suitable soap because they often contain less preservatives and have a gentler formulation. It should be chosen oil-enriched and without detergent, so as not to damage the skin. If possible, take a product without perfume, as many of them can be allergenic. Often, baby shower gels can also be used as a shampoo, for the cleanest possible wash routine. As the child grows up, you can start buying more specific products for their hair, including conditioner or spray to facilitate disentangling. After bathing, you can apply moisturizer if you see that your baby has a little redness or his skin is dry. Here again, you should prefer products formulated especially for toddlers, fragrance-free and hypoallergenic.
8 – The bathrobe to wrap baby
The bath towel is essential for washing time. For babies, there are many very cute models, some with a small hood. This will keep your head warm and dry it well. You can also opt for a bathrobe, so that your child stays warm while waiting for you to dress them. You will love wrapping her up in her little colorful bathrobe or with small animals, for a moment of tenderness and hugs, which will make you love the bath!
In addition, as we have said before, baby’s skin is very delicate, therefore, before buying a hooded towel, it is important that you look at its manufacturing characteristics. This should be hypoallergenic and antibacterial, as well as soft to the touch and highly absorbent.
9 – The changing table to dress and change baby
After the bath, you can place the baby on the changing table to dress him up. You can opt for a tray to put on a dresser, to have his things close at hand, or to put on the bath, to be able to dress him as quickly as possible. There are also models with plenty of storage, which is very practical for safely grabbing baby’s clothes or diaper.
10 – The comb or the hairbrush for styling baby
When you get out of the bath, you can brush your baby’s hair. By not pressing too hard, you can give him a kind of little massage that is very pleasant for him. In case of knots or if he has a lot of hair, you can also use a wide-tooth comb so that it does not pull too much!
11 – Baby toilet water
Parents love the natural scent of their little one’s skin, but sometimes they feel like scenting them to pamper them even more. If this is your case, you can fall for an eau de toilette or scented water, specially designed for babies. If possible, choose one without alcohol, and with a not too overbearing smell so that your child is not embarrassed. You will love to sniff it when you get out of the bath!
12 – Rinse jug, one of the best bathroom accessories
The rinse jug allows you to pour water on the baby’s head without getting the shampoo or water directly into the eyes or mouth. Thanks to its internal grooves, it is possible to ensure and guide the direction of the water jet, which avoids incidents and unnecessary crying. Without a doubt, it is a great ally to make the bathroom a moment of tranquility and fun.
13 – Natural sponges
As you know, the skin of babies is very sensitive and tends to be irritated easily. Therefore, while bathing, it is recommended to use soft and flexible sponges. It should be noted that these must be changed for new ones periodically, otherwise, they will harbor a multitude of bacteria and germs.
Likewise, it is advisable to have at least two natural sponges to bathe the baby; one to clean her butt and one to clean the rest of her body.
14 – A toiletry bag for all baby’s hygiene needs
Equip yourself with everything you need in one go for baby hygiene. The price range for baby toiletry bags varies from 25 to 45 euros. Of course, dipping your elbow always allows you to check the temperature of the bath water if you want to save a few dollars ? But today playful baby bath thermometers are part of every toiletry set. With just one purchase, you acquire all the accessories for baby’s bath . You will also need a comb to comb baby’s hair when you get out of the bath. Or a nail clipper adapted to cut his fingernails and toenails which grow very quickly.
The Importance of Having Good Baby Bath Accessories
Babies must be treated with delicacy, care and great care, especially at bath time, when their little bodies are fully exposed. In order to enjoy this task without feeling insecure, tense or overwhelmed, it is essential to ensure different bathroom accessories, such as the ones we have described in this article.
It should be borne in mind that today there are countless resources and useful tools for the proper care of children and that they are available to anyone.
It is not about spending large amounts of money, or investing in the most innovative technological gadgets, but rather have to concern about certain criteria when selecting and acquiring those accessories that may be adequate to improve and facilitate the raising of the smallest of the House.
How to Choose the Best Baby Bath Products? Features to Assess Before Buying
Bathing a baby goes beyond soaking and applying soap and shampoo. This work requires the use of a series of accessories necessary to guarantee the safety and comfort of the child. Therefore, when choosing them, it is best to take into account some criteria such as:
- Safety and practicality.
Safety and practicality
It is important to analyze how much security the accessories we want to choose to use during their bath provide the baby. For this reason, we recommend anti-slip and resistant articles, especially those that prevent possible submersion.
The accessories for our baby’s bath must be practical in terms of how they are used, their cleaning and the way they are stored, especially if we take into account that when a baby comes home, the time to perform these tasks is limited.
This is a key aspect to give our baby a comfortable and safe bath. It is necessary to choose accessories made of materials such as plastic, silicone and polyester that are as resistant as possible, in order to guarantee their use for a long period of time.
Since babies have such delicate skin, we recommend buying accessories without straight, pointed or rough edges that could cause injury to the child. You also need to find out how hypoallergenic they are to avoid possible allergic reactions.
Babies are constantly growing, so it is appropriate to choose bathroom accessories that are as durable as we expect. Some products are even adjustable, so they are very practical and comfortable for the child.
The space in which the accessories for the baby’s bath will be used and stored is another relevant aspect, since it depends on how practical it is to carry out this task. Therefore, it is advisable to buy the items in a size according to the available space.
Last advice before you take the plunge!
- Never leave your baby unattended, even for a short time, when bathing him. Falls happen very quickly. If you absolutely have to leave the room, take it with you to put it in its bed or in its playpen.
- No need to overheat the bathroom: between 20 and 25 ° is sufficient.
- Never immerse your baby in the bath without first checking the water temperature (37 ° C) with your baby bath thermometer or your elbow ?
- Do not fill the tub too high, in any case never above your shoulders.
Baby Bath Products: FAQ
When can we wash my baby every day?
You can wash the baby every day from birth. Moreover, during your stay in the maternity hospital of around 3 days, the nurses and midwives organize training sessions for new mothers. However, be aware that it is not necessary to give your newborn baby a bath every day.
Baby bathing in stages: tips and precautions to take before, during and after bathing
Bathing your child requires organization and the right actions so that he feels confident. Here are our recommendations for each step of baby’s bath so that everything runs smoothly.
Before giving your baby a bath
- Temper your bathroom: the temperature should be between 22 ° C and 25 ° C so that your little one is not cold once his clothes are removed.
- Put at hand all the equipment you will need during and after the baby’s bath: clean clothes, diapers, hygiene products, towels, bath sets …
- Check the temperature of the bathwater: the ideal temperature is 37 ° C, this is the temperature of the human body. You can use a bath thermometer to check it. But always use your elbow or hand to check the temperature of the water before soaking your baby in it. In addition, never put it in the bathtub while the water is running (risk of scalding if the temperature changes).
- Manage the amount of water in the bath: from birth until the age of 6 months, the tub should be filled between 8 and 12 cm no more. Beyond that, the water should not exceed the level of the child’s waist.
- Place a clean, dry towel on the changing table to bundle up the baby after bathing.
- Take off your baby’s clothes and remember to clean his bottom so as not to dirty the clean bathwater.
At the time of the baby’s bath
- Announce bath time to your baby: prepare him by explaining to him that you are going to take his bath… do not hesitate to talk to him, explain your actions during the bath, it reassures him!
- Maintain baby well during the bath: Put your forearm under your baby’s head and your hand under his armpit, holding his arm and soap it with the other hand ( see video ). Your gestures should be both gentle and firm to make your baby feel safe while bathing.
- Wash your baby: use hygiene products without soap, parabens, neutral pH, unscented and suitable for babies’ skin. You can completely soap it on a changing table and rinse it in water afterward if that reassures you. On the other hand, be careful to hold it well because its body will be slippery. Wet your baby gradually so that he gets used to the water temperature. Always soap your baby from the cleanest to the dirtiest area.
- Shampoo baby: shampooing two to three times a week is sufficient. Choose a mild shampoo that is suitable for babies and does not sting the eyes. To rinse off, simply use the palm of your free hand to run some water through her hair.
Important: Do not leave your baby alone for a single moment, do not take your eyes off him. A newborn baby can drown in seconds, so be careful and focus only on your baby.
Once baby’s bath is finished
- Quickly wrap your baby in a clean, dry towel that has been prepared beforehand.
- Dry it gently: don’t forget the folds in its neck, armpits, fingers, thighs, feet. Finish with her buttocks.
- Massage your little one: after the bath and if your toddler is not cold (the room must be around 24 ° C) you can quickly perform a massage with neutral oil or baby body milk.
- Put a diaper on him and then dress your baby so that he is warm and does not catch a cold.
Tip +: remember to empty and clean the tub after each use. Do the same for the bath toys used by your child.
What is the right frequency to wash your baby?
How to wash baby’s head?
For the face, use damp, clean cotton wipes or squares. You don’t need soap.
1. The eyes: your gesture must always start from the inner corner of the eye to go to the outer corner. Change cotton for each eye to avoid spreading a possible infection.
2. The nose: not necessarily with each bath, but in any case, you must regularly clean your baby’s nose with physiological serum. This eliminates secretions and moistens the nose to prevent bleeding. The salt in the solution also helps decongest.
3. Hair: once a week is sufficient. Use a mild soap or a little baby shampoo.
Leave a Reply